Toyota Otis, Inc. (“Toyota Otis”) is an automotive dealer engaged in sales and service of vehicles with principal place of business at 1770 Paz M. Guazon Street, Paco, Manila.
We respect each person’s right to privacy and strive to comply with the provisions of the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (“DPA”) and all relevant privacy and data protection laws in the Philippines.
2. DATA COLLECTED AND AUTHORIZED USAGE
Toyota Otis collects personal information from customers, business partners, applicants, and other interested persons whenever they visit our dealership, website and online pages, submit documents to us in person or electronically, or otherwise communicate with us regarding our products and services through other means. We also collect data from them when they fill up online survey questionnaire, complete our online forms, set service appointments, and inquire and/or provide us feedback about our products and services.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. From time to time, we may combine this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you for reasons such as analysis, security, content generation or marketing.
A. The personal information shared with us may include the following:
- e-mail address;
- telephone and mobile numbers;
- workplace and/or business information;
- vehicle or service transaction information;
- vehicle information;
- financial or bank account or credit card information;
- family members and family background;
- age, sex, religion;
- educational attainment;
- work experience; and
- other relevant personal information.
B. The personal data provided to us shall be used for the following purposes:
- When processing the transactions of our customers, business partners, applicants, and other interested persons;
- When processing inquiries about our products and services;
- When processing payment for our products and services;
- When communicating official announcements;
- When introducing or sharing marketing and promotional materials regarding the products and services of Toyota Otis in a commercial manner or similar purposes;
- When conducting a survey through questionnaire for planning, research and development, product or service improvement, and/or development of modes and means to improve customer satisfaction and the like;
- When processing application for on-the-job training or employment’
- To record, generate and maintain participant and visitor information;
- To maintain directories and records;
- To solicit participation in surveys;
- When compiling and generating reports for statistical and research purposes;
- When sharing information with authorized individuals or entities provided hereunder;
- For other purposes identified when obtaining the relevant personal information;
- When required to comply with provisions of applicable laws, regulations or observe any governmental guidelines or notification;
- When Toyota Otis is required to provide relevant information by Toyota Motor Philippines, business partners, or affiliates (hereinafter referred to as “Third Party”) in writing, via telephone, and/or through electronic media for official purposes, unless otherwise disallowed by the customer, business partner, or applicant concerned;
- For other legitimate purposes.
III. MANNER OF INFORMATION SHARING, DISCLOSURE, OR TRANSFER
Once collected, the personal information of our customers, business partners, applicants, and other interested persons will be secured in a variety of paper and electronic formats, including databases and systems authorized by Toyota Motor Philippines. Access to such personal information is limited to team members of Toyota Otis, Toyota Motor Philippines, and relevant business partners who are duly authorized to handle them for the purpose of carrying out their contractual and transactional duties and responsibilities and to achieve the purpose of usage of the data provided. We wish to extend our assurance that our use of the personal data of our customers, business partners, applicants, and other interested persons will not be excessive and will be for authorized and legitimate purposes only.
We will retain such relevant personal information indefinitely for historical and statistical purposes, unless otherwise provided by law or by internal policies of Toyota Otis. In the event that the law or policy provides a retention period for such data, all affected records will be deleted and/or disposed safely and with utmost security.
As may be required or permitted by existing laws, we may also share, disclose, or transfer such personal information to Toyota Motor Philippines, relevant business partners, or affiliates (hereinafter referred to as “Third Party”) to facilitate the intended transactions, to uphold their interests as customer, business partner or applicant or interested party, and/or promote the legitimate interests of Toyota Otis as an organization. In this regard, we may share, disclose, or transfer the personal data of our customers, business partners, applicants, or interested persons, for purposes such as: (a) processing of sales and/or service transactions; (b) marketing and service analysis; (c) endorsement for training and/or employment; (d) fraud prevention; and (e) similar or relevant purposes.
In cases of sharing, disclosure and/or transfer of personal information, Toyota Otis shall nevertheless request the Third Party to handle the relevant personal information in a proper manner and pursuant to existing laws and regulations
IV. SECURITY AND PROPER CONTROL OF PERSONAL DATA
Toyota Otis shall implement security measures to prevent any personal data from being accessed in an unauthorized manner, or from being lost, altered, or leaked. We will endeavor to promote training and education of our team members who are authorized to handle personal information of our customers, business partners, applicants and interested persons.
If you would like to opt out of this service, you may let us know and ask us to stop collecting and using your personal data any time by reaching our DPO through our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not hesitate to contact us for queries and/or clarifications as regards this policy, or anent our services.
VI. ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
Under the Data Privacy Act, our customers, business partners, applicants, and interested persons have the right to request and access the personal information they have provided us by following the procedure prescribed by Toyota Otis. When any customer, business partner, applicant, or interested person should request the disclosure of their personal information owned by Toyota Otis, such customer, business partner, applicant, or interested person is kindly requested to address its request to the DPO of Toyota Otis through the e-mails email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The DPO shall respond and address all inquiries pertaining to personal information, including requests for correction, discontinuation of use of and/or deletion of personal information within a reasonable timeframe. All such inquiries or concerns shall be handled pursuant to the pertinent provisions of the DPA. Please contact us through the above email addresses so that we may assist you in your request. We would want to make sure that your personal information is up to date and correct at all times.M
VII. MODIFICATION, CHANGES AND/OR IMPROVEMENT IN THE POLICY
This Policy may be modified, changed and/or improved from time to time as may be required by applicable laws and regulations and/or governmental notices and guidelines, as well as internal policies made pursuant to law, in order that any and all personal information will be handled properly. Any such modification, change, and/or improvement will be reflected through the posting of the revised Policy on our website/s or through other communication channels.